Environments that Elevate Brand Engagement & Creativity
Posted in journal
Get in touch with us to discuss your next environmental branding project.
How investing in great interior branding for your corporate office can benefit your business.
In the pursuit of creating greater brand engagement with your internal team as well as customers, look no further than your own corporate headquarters, where you have an opportunity to inspire and engage through the brand that you’ve worked so hard to build.
Environmental branding is the process of creating a cohesive, consistent and creative design for your office space, bringing your brand to life in tangible ways. It can include everything from colour mapping, to furniture and décor, signage, brand communications, wall graphics and even installation art.
/ Weston Foods Headquarters
Many overlook the powerful role that office environments can play in driving positive interaction with your brand.
Designing an inspiring office space is not just about aesthetics. A well-considered space encourages creative thinking in your team and can inspire them to think in unique ways to solve business challenges.
/ Nike Canada Headquarters
Does it matter if your team is creatively inspired?
In 2010, an IBM poll of 1,500 CEOs identified creativity as the No.1 “leadership competency” of the future. More recently, in 2020, The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs report stated that the top 3 most valuable skills are complex problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity – yet now there is widespread talk of a “creativity crisis,” especially in the West. Businesses (and educational institutions – but that’s another story) need to do what they can to help develop stronger creative thinking skills in their teams.
/ Ace Bakery Headquarters
Here are some of the other reasons why investing in interior branding can benefit your business:
1. Boosts brand awareness: The first and most obvious benefit of interior branding is boosting brand awareness. When done right, your office space can serve as a powerful marketing tool attracting customers as well as potential new hires and reinforcing your brand identity. A visually appealing and cohesive space can create a strong impression of your brand in the minds of those who interact with your business. Consider what we call “Instagram-able moments” – beautifully branded interactions that compel visitors to take pictures and share them on social.
2. Creates a platform for brand storytelling: A considered office environment can help creatively bring the company’s culture and values to life and tell your brand story. Creating a space that embodies your brand’s narrative can inspire your team to work towards a shared vision. A visually appealing and meaningful space can help instill a sense of pride and motivation among employees, resulting in a more innovative and engaged workforce.
3. Enhances employee engagement, pride and loyalty: A well-designed office space can do wonders for employee attraction, retention and overall morale. People spend a lot of time at work, and having a considered, inspiring and aesthetically pleasing environment can go a long way toward improving their job satisfaction and productivity. At a time when many businesses are trying to get teams back into the same physical space, think about “earning their commute” – providing a space where people actually want to be.
4. Creates a memorable visitor experience: Visitors to your office will likely remember their experience, especially if the space is visually stunning and leaves a lasting impression. Investing in interior branding creates a memorable experience for clients, partners, and potential customers. This can help to establish your business as a credible, professional and trustworthy brand that takes pride in itself and pays attention to the details. It’s like a well-tailored suit or an elegant calling card.
5. Encourages collaboration: A well-designed office space can encourage collaboration among team members. An open layout with flexible seating arrangements and designated areas for brainstorming and collaboration can facilitate interaction and idea sharing. Capitalize on the physical opportunities created in contrast to working virtually. When employees feel comfortable and inspired by their surroundings, they are more likely to engage in collaborative problem-solving, resulting in new and innovative ideas.
Investing in interior branding for your corporate workspace can benefit your business in a variety of ways. From fostering creativity and innovation among your team to boosting brand awareness and employee morale, there are many compelling reasons to consider the possibilities.
/ Mondelēz Headquarters
We would love the opportunity to share our most relevant corporate interior design cases and speak further about our success with clients and how we make the process efficient and highly impactful. Every project has its unique desired outcomes. We have fine-tuned our process to help us best understand the opportunity and develop solutions that best fit the brand and the budget, working with you as a trusted partner from start to finish.
If you’re interested in learning more, please give us a shout.
To check out our most recent work for the Fabletics Headquarters in Los Angeles, click learn more.