Pssst…. don’t tell anyone but we’re on the hunt for a Design Director, ideally its YOU. Keep it under your hat though, we don’t want a boat load of over-inflated ego junkies coming out of the woodwork posing as the true rock star we really need. Yikes. Do us a favour and save us the hours of weeding out imposters – get hold of us sooner than later.
Who are we?
We’re a diverse team of creative problem solvers dedicated to making the world better(er). We believe that design has the power to affect positive change. By working closely with our clients, listening to people and appreciating the complexity of cultural contexts, we are able to craft brands, products, services and experiences that enrich people’s lives.
Who are you?
If you’re the right fit for us, you’re a well rounded, approachable Design Director who is a big picture holistic thinker that takes an experiential approach to your work. Obviously you’ve got lots of corporate branding experience and you pop out of bed in the morning stoked to work on complex brand projects, easily navigating through all obstacles to deliver amazing design across a wide range of touchpoints.
Known as a top-shelf systems designer who is sharp and flexible, you value white space and grids but also thrive on going with your gut to break the “rules” on the path to breakthrough creative.
We’ll be counting on you to mentor other younger designers and work alongside the greater creative and project management teams on a variety of branding initiatives from campaign to packaging, online, social and experiential projects.
It goes without saying that you thrive in rapid-fire moments and have the ability to switch gears quickly in response to changing studio priorities.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Take a leadership role in the studio; embracing the ethos and brand values of Jacknife while managing creative teams and client projects, mentoring younger designers and supporting our partners
- Create visually dynamic and thoughtful creative, collateral, web design, packaging, environmental design, campaigns, social content and any other opportunities our client may present
- Engage with creative projects in a client facing capacity that includes creative presentations, project briefings with key stakeholders, and maintaining exceptional client relationships
- Strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate an ability to convey complex creative concepts to clients
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development, staying on top of design culture and industry trends
- Maintain focused and strategic thinking while multitasking projects with tight timelines
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience working in the industry
- A strong self starter and problem solver
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite as well as pen and paper
- Ability to create both digital & print communications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong layout abilities
- Keen attention to detale
- A collaborative team player that is comfortable in working in a multidisciplinary environment
- A highly organized multi-tasker
- Interested in design culture and is actively involved in creative activities outside of work
- Experience in the Health & Wellness category, strong art direction and writing abilities are all huge assets
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates that meet these requirements will be contacted for an interview. If this is you, please send us your CV and portfolio post haste!